To authenticate with your Azure account, you will need to grant AutoCloud read-only access to your resources. This may either be done with Terraform or through the Azure Portal.
This module provisions an Azure Application Registration and an Enterprise Application (Service Principal) granting cross account read-only access rights for AutoCloud's services to ingest your infrastructure.
Connecting to an Azure subscription is done using a Service Principal with a Client Secret. Follow the next steps:
2. Navigate to the subscription you would like to visualize ( Home > Subscriptions)
3. Take note of Subscription ID. You will need this later.
4. Navigate to the default directory’s app registrations ( Home > Azure Active Directory > App Registrations)
5. Create App Registration
6. Take note of Application (client ID) and Directory (tenant) ID
7. Navigate to Certificates and Secrets
8. Create a new client secret for AutoCloud
9. Take note of the Client Secret value
10. Navigate to API Permissions
11. Add Directory.Read.All permission
12. Grant Admin Consent for the Directory.Read.All permission
13. Navigate to the subscription’s Access control (IAM) configuration
14. Add Reader Role Assignment
15. Add Security Reader Role Assignment
For more info, take a look at Azure's guide guide to get started.
5. AutoCloud requires a Service Principal with a Client Secret. You can generate it by clicking "Use Azure Portal" or use Terraform. Add your credentials, starting with Subscription ID, Tenant ID, Application ID and Client Secret and click Next.
6. You have now authenticated your Azure subscription to AutoCloud. Select the Services you would like to crawl.
7. Your environment is now being crawled.
8. You successfully created the first version of an Azure environment.
9. Click on VIEW to take a look at your Azure 3D environment.